1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
I got a job in a retail store, a full time job. I got my own puppy that is nobody elses. I went camping, and that was amazing even though it was freezing and I was really sick. I really started to focus on being who I want to be and not who I think I should be. I started losing the fear of taking risks.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any, but this year I have one; To disregard risks to become who I want to be and do what I want to do. If I am accidentally going to screw myself over, best to do it when I'm young. I want to work with animals, and I want to buy a house.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Oh man, DEFINITELY the day I got my puppy. I mean, have you seen this puppy? Here's his shelter photo, the first glimpse of him I saw:
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Full time job, that provides insurance (but not until a few days ago.)
9. What was your biggest failure?
Hmm... I don't know. I had lots of little setbacks and personal failures, but nothing huge. Maybe falling behind on my bills a little bit.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had foot surgery to correct a lifelong issue, so that's pretty amazing. Never knew it could be fixed. Still recovering a bit, though.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My only major purchase was my car.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My brother. He's been working hard at getting through things. My mother too, she's had a rough year and stayed strong.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My puppy, of course. And my new job.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Nothin'. I heard lots of new songs, but nothing to really connect to any events.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you
i. happier or sadder?:
You know, I'm really not sure. About the same I guess. But I am way more excited about my future.
ii. thinner or fatter?
The same, but with more muscle.
iii. richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Gotten outside, taken photos.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending New Year's?
I spent most of it at home. Jason was sick, and so was Barsky.
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Probably Dirty Jobs, though I spent a bit of time revisiting some old favorites as well. I've got a mad crush on Mike Rowe.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Na. I try to keep my hate evenly dispersed among many.
26. What was the best book you read?
I did not read any books.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Maybe Cage the Elephant.
28. What did you want and get?
A puppy, a better job, photography-related things.
29. What did you want and not get?
A house, winning lottery tickets.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Not really in to movies, sorry.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 23, and I don't think I did much of anything. I don't really remember though.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More money, more adventured with my boy.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
I'm getting a little less sloppy in general, but I still don't have any fashion concept.
34. What kept you sane?
My dog, my boy, my camera.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I've got a mad crush on David Tennant even though I don't watch Dr. Who.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
My work buddy Naomi.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
My opinion on the year 2011:
2011 was a hard year, but that set a lot of roots and grounds for future expansion of life and helped me really figure out what it is I want to do. I know that I'm done with IT, I have a lot of things I want to do in the future that I can work towards now that I'm sure that's where I want to go. I did a lot of brainstorming and planning but not a lot of accomplishing, but I think I have a nice platform laid out for myself to have an extremely productive 2012.